AirPlay is a wireless audio and video streaming protocol. It allows you to wirelessly stream audio and video from your iOS device to your Apple TV, AirPort Express, or other AirPlay-compatible devices. However, there are some situations where you might want to turn this functionality off so that it doesn’t interrupt what you’re doing. You can do this by going into the settings on your iOS device or computer and disabling AirPlay completely.
How to Turn Off AirPlay on an iPhone or iPad
- Open the Control Center on your iPhone or iPad.
- Swipe down from the upper-right corner of the screen on the iPhone X and iPad Pro running iOS 12.
- From an iPhone 8 or an iOS 11-based device, swipe up from the screen’s bottom.
You can either use the Screen Mirroring widget or the Music widget.
- Stop Mirroring or Stop AirPlay can be selected from the menu.
How to Turn Off AirPlay on Mac
- To disable AirPlay on a Mac, follow these steps: Simply go to System Preferences on a Mac and click on “Control Panel.”
- Make sure that the Screen Mirroring symbol is selected by clicking it.
- Select Display Preferences… from the pop-up menu.
- Click the AirPlay Display option and select Off at the bottom of the Built-In Retina Display window.
What is AirPlay?
AirPlay lets you wirelessly stream audio and video from your iOS device to your Apple TV, AirPort Express, or other AirPlay-compatible devices.
It is a wireless audio and video streaming protocol that allows you to wirelessly stream audio and video from your iOS device to Apple TV, AirPort Express, or other compatible devices.
Do I need to disable AirPlay?
AirPlay is a great tool to use when you’re streaming to your Apple TV, but it can also be distracting. If you prefer not to use it, then it’s easy to disable AirPlay and stop using the feature completely.
AirPlay is one of the most popular media streaming options around. But not all Apple devices support this feature. So if you want to turn off AirPlay and use an alternative media streaming option, here’s how to do it.
It’s easy to overlook, but disabling AirPlay isn’t just a function of turning off your Apple device. If you want to disable AirPlay, you need to perform a couple of other tasks.
But the good news is, it’s easy to disable AirPlay — even if you don’t know how to use your Apple device.