Buying a new laptop is never cheap. So if you already have one, then it’s likely that you don’t want to risk running out of battery power when you need it the most. This can be a hassle if you take your laptop with you on long car rides. And even more so if your car doesn’t have an outlet for your laptop charger. Whether or not you are traveling, this article will get your ready for any situation.
Different Types of Laptop Chargers
There are several different types of laptop chargers, and it’s important to know the difference between them.
The three most common types are:
1) AC Adapters : These allow you to plug in a charger directly into your car’s outlet for charging your laptop battery when you are on the go. Their downside is that they can be bulky.
2) USB Chargers : These only need to be plugged into a power source to work. They are convenient because they can also charge your smartphone as well as your laptop. However, they aren’t as powerful as AC adapters.
3) Car Chargers : These not only charge your laptop but also have a built-in outlet so you can charge your phone too. This option is great for people who aren’t going anywhere anytime soon and need a lot of power at once.
If you want something portable, AC adapters are often what people reach for first. But if you need more power than an AC adapter offers, then a car charger will give you everything you need in one device!
Ways to Charge Your Laptop in a Car
1. Car Charger
A car charger is a must-have if you are out on the road and need to charge your laptop. It can plug into any 12 volt power outlet in your car and will connect to your laptop via USB. In addition, it’s an inexpensive choice that doesn’t require a lot of installation time.
2. Portable Battery Pack
If you’re going to be away from home for a while, then it might be worth investing in a portable battery pack with a built-in USB port for charging your laptop. This will allow you to charge even when you’re not plugged in to your car’s outlet. The downside? You’ll need to remember to bring it with you every where you go!
3. Solar Laptop Charger
Solar chargers are great options for those who prefer the eco-friendly route. They can be recharged using solar energy and do not require an outlet or cable connection for charging purposes. Simply place them in the sun or use them as a stand for your device during the day and they will recharge on their own at night!
Car Charging Tips
First and foremost, it’s always a good idea to check your car for an outlet. If you find one, make sure it is in the right place. You don’t want to have to struggle with trying to plug your charger into a wall that’s too far away from your car seat.
If there’s no outlet in your car, then we recommend using power banks as an alternative. Power banks are portable chargers that can charge your devices on the go without needing an outlet or a wall plug. They’re great for people who are traveling, those who don’t want to worry about running out of battery power while they drive, or just those who need their laptop while they’re going out at night.
Lastly, if you have special needs when it comes to charging your device in the car, then consider buying a universal car charger. These types of chargers are designed specifically for different kinds of vehicles and can accommodate almost any device that plugs into a USB port.
You can charge your laptop in a car with either one of the following methods:
1. If you have a laptop power brick, you can charge your laptop in the car via the power brick as long as it is a USB-compatible power brick, such as the Belkin Mini Surge Protector Power Outlet for PC
2. If you do not have a power brick, you can use your car’s cigarette lighter to charge your laptop.
3. If there is no cigarette lighter, you can plug your car’s power adapter into a cigarette lighter or power strip and plug your laptop into the power strip.